Thursday, March 6, 2008

Katrina Kaif in 'Race' but not to the top

Katrina Kaif in ‘Race’ but not to the topKatrina Kaif is not just one of Bollywood's most successful and highest paid actress, she is also the smartest. She plays a lead role opposite Saif Ali Khan in Abbas Mustan directed thriller Race set for release March 21.

After having signed a Rs 6 crore two film deal with Studio 18 last month, she now commands a paycheck that is less than that of just two Bollywood actresses - Aishwarya Rai and Kareena Kapoor.

Despite being placed at almost the top of the pecking order, Katrina is not in a race for the top slot and is unmindful of the paycheck that others command. "I don't know how much anyone else charges so I can't speak for them. You can ask for any amount but it's not necessary you'll be paid that much. You get only what you deserve," she told HT in a recent interview.

The secret of Katrina's success so far has been to act with popular stars like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar, who can carry a film on their shoulders and practically guarantee its success.

Katrina knows that is something she cannot do and is charmingly unabashed in acknowledging it.

"I want to enjoy my work. Working with a good team is a great learning experience. I'm only 23 and at the moment I don't want the pressure of carrying a film on my shoulders," she says.

She readily acknowledges the role of Akshay Kumar, her co-stars in 2007 block busters like Namastey London and Welcome, in her success.

"I feel blessed to work with a star like Akshay so early in my career. It was brave of him to work with me when I was a newcomer. He supports me in every way. I've seen many co-stars who're waiting for you to make a mistake but he's not one of those," she told the Mumbai Mirror

Akshay and Katrina feature together again in Anees Bazmee's Singh is Kinng set for release late in summer this year.

Katrina's USPs are a good screen presence and an image that blends modernity with Indianity - the quintessential NRI look. However, she does not consider herself a light weight when it comes to acting.

Asked by Mumbai Mirror to comment on Shah Rukh Khan's tongue in cheek remarks that we would like to see her talk more in her films, Katrina says, "Obviously he was too busy to watch Namastey London."

Source:
NEws.Sawf

No comments: